Re: [opensuse] Silly little text file editing question............
-----Original Message-----
From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: SLE <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Silly little text file editing
question............
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:20:42 -0500

Hans Witvliet wrote:
But, even in those days there were people who could create decent
editors, like the LSE from Digital...

I used to use an editor on a VAX 11/780, but I don't recall what it was
called. What impressed me was, on one occasion, the computer crashed,
then after it was brought back up, the editor replayed everything I had
done to create the document.

Yeah, that was probably "TPU".
Funny thing was, that you could edit the history file, put an entire
week of working in it, and let it run on an empty file to impress other
people ;-)

"LSE" was the first language-sensitive-editor (hence the name) I came
across. It had a build in help for all low-level-system call. (asm,
fortran, pascal)
And when doing asynchronous-system-traps with 40 optional parameters, it
felt like heaven.

Probably nothing special today, but in the 80's it made cubborts full of
manuals obsolete.