[opensuse] Re: articles of this newsgroup are not grouped in threads
  • From: Scott Linnenbringer <s.linnenbringer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 02:13:57 +0800
On 03/03/2013 12:04 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Scott Linnenbringer said the following on 03/02/2013 10:27 AM:
Actually I've noticed that too when using Thunderbird to read the
opensuse list (inconsistent threading, and a lot of times it's just
one level of threading implying that the newsreader is just going by
Re: in the subject instead of the References: header)

I'm happy with Thunderbird's threading. It does a good job.

That being said, there are many mail tools that break threading.
A friend in Australia uses Lotus Notes and that always looses the
"In-Reply-To" header and we're off on a new thread.

I also get 'new threads' when I save or delete messages and so loose the
linkages in my INBOX.

But I have no problems with deeply nested threads, least of all on this
list! I use "View -> Sort By -> Threaded" rather than "View -> Threads".

I have no idea what you're doing differently, but Thunderbird - reading g.l.suse.general - puts your post under original poster instead of mine. View -> Sort By -> Threaded is enabled too. Running Thunderbird 17.0.3

--
Regards, scott
s.linnenbringer@xxxxxxxxx