Re: [opensuse] Re: articles of this newsgroup are not grouped in threads
Scott Linnenbringer said the following on 03/02/2013 10:27 AM:
Actually I've noticed that too when using Thunderbird to read the
opensuse list (inconsistent threading, and a lot of times it's just
one level of threading implying that the newsreader is just going by
Re: in the subject instead of the References: header)

I'm happy with Thunderbird's threading. It does a good job.

That being said, there are many mail tools that break threading.
A friend in Australia uses Lotus Notes and that always looses the
"In-Reply-To" header and we're off on a new thread.

I also get 'new threads' when I save or delete messages and so loose the
linkages in my INBOX.

But I have no problems with deeply nested threads, least of all on this
list! I use "View -> Sort By -> Threaded" rather than "View -> Threads".

--
A little inaccuracy can save tons of explanation. -- Saki