Re: [opensuse] own environment variables in init scripts
On 03/01/2013 04:54 PM, Meike Stone wrote:
Hello,

I use the apache2 with vhosts. In the vhost declarations, I like to
use environment variables.
From Apache side, it is possible and I've tested it.

I set the needed environment variables in a own file in
/etc/profile.d/myenv.sh.
Start/stop of Apache after I've logged in is possible, the apache with
the environment variables from myenv.sh is working well.

But during system startup, the file myenv.sh is not sourced, and so,
the start of apache failed.

Where can I put my variables, so that they are loaded before running
init-scripts. Modifying the init-script or similar files is not
possible, because of updates.

/usr/sbin/apache2ctl sources /usr/sbin/envvars if that exists,
so that's the right place IMO.
Anotherone would be /etc/sysconfif/apache2, but I'm not sure if
SuSEconfig or Yast is overwriting it.

Have a nice day,
Berny