Re: [opensuse] How to edit entries in the "Run Command" menu.
James Knott said the following on 03/01/2013 10:06 AM:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Now, try and find Krunner.

Sorry, but what am I missing here? Why do you keep bringing up Krunner
for?

The OP needs to edit/delete some commands and asked where they are
stored. If there is an app which is installed then it would appear in
the Menu.

But to find were krunner is it's a matter of going into YaST Software
Manager and do a search for 'krunner' and the File List will show that
krunner is in /usr/bin - not that this will do any good 'cause krunner
is an executable.

Unless I'm mistaken, Krunner is what runs, when you press Alt-F2.

You are not mistaken.

A box
opens up, where you enter the command or URL you wish to execute. For
example, until it broke, I'd press Alt-F2 and enter #<command> to open
the man page for the command.

And when I try that I get Konqueror starting up with "man:/sh" in the
location bar and the KDE man page viewer. This is a vanilla 12.2
install, the BtrFS test platform I've spoken of before. I get the same
on another machine running 12.2 on Reiser and one on ext4. All virgin
installs.

In KDE 3, it was possible to configure
this to chose what you wanted to happen with various commands. I can no
longer find any way to do that. In my case, I want to find out why I am
now opening Seamonkey, instead of Konqueror when I'm trying to read a
man page. This function is broken and I have no idea how to fix it.

Perhaps because somewhere seamonkey is defined as a the default browser
and not Konqueror? What does it say in the relevant systemsetting?

Mind you, what I have looks nothing like
http://maketecheasier.com/10-awesome-features-of-krunner-in-kde-4/2009/06/29
though some of those things work. Not all.

IIWY I'd take a look at the source and see how it finds what browser to use.

--
"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
- Eleanor Roosevelt