Re: [opensuse] Silly little text file editing question............
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:47:12 +0100
Anton Aylward wrote:

Per Jessen said the following on 03/01/2013 04:33 AM:
Anton Aylward wrote:

It's nice that modern VI will allow you to re-define just about any
sequence you want.

I'm surprised noone has bothered pointing out how OT this all is :-)

Anyway, Unix runs in a multitude of environments, MVS and VM don't -
that is a very important difference too.

I was at a Novell presentation a while back when they were pushing
Suse - SLED and SLES - and there was a presentation from IBM about how
they were running Suse as their virtual Linux on a mini-mainframe.
This box about the size of a bar fridge could support over 4,000
virtual instances of Suse Linux.

Yeah, Linux/390 - it's pretty cool stuff. I did some work on porting
SAPDB to it some years back.

I WANT ONE!

Look up the Hercules project, you can start your training there. You
might even get to run some old ISPF editor :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.1°C)