Re: [opensuse] CINELERRA for 12.2 x86_64
On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 01:24:09 PM Basil Chupin wrote:
On 31/10/12 02:33, Ricardo Chung wrote:
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 02:41:23 PM Basil Chupin wrote:
On 30/10/12 14:30, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
In YaST the latest installable version of Cinelerra is 2.2CV - and I
have
it installed. However, on the heroinewarrior.com site I see that there
is version 4.4 released. My questions thererefore are:

1. Has anyone compiled this 4.4 version for oS 12.2 AMD64 from source
tar.xz - and perhaps the rpm is available in one of those private repos
on opensuse.org?

http://software.opensuse.org/search

Thanks Patrick - answers one my questions.

BC

Basil,

You could get it from PackMan Repositories (1-Click Install or Manual
install) Check the link for versions available
http://packman.links2linux.org/package/cinelerra

Regards,

Thanks for your response, Ricardo.

I was there (packman) a couple of days ago and before posting my
questions here.

To begin with, the version on packman is 2.2 and the one I am asking
about is 4.4.

The other thing, when I tried the "1-click install" the other day I got
an error message stating that there were no instructions on how to
install Cinelerra on my 12.2 system.

BC

I am not sure about Cinelerra "1-click install" issues on openSUSE 12.2. It
may be packman mirror temporary disruption issue or not. It's possible to
switch to another mirror to make it available? If you already have PackMan
repo added you could install it using YaST or "zypper in cinelerra".

Rajko mentioned and added two url making the differences between both versions
(Community Version 2.2 and Heroine Virtual version 4.4). As far as I know CV
has several features not present on Heroine Virtual 4.4. And time to time the
CV is merged on Heroine Virtual version. Heroine Virtual version is only
tested on Ubuntu and other distros need to compile from source with no tested
or possible unstability.

Hope this can help you to make the proper actions.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
Linux & FOSS Ambassador