Re: [opensuse] Themepath=/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes, the path, but why can the themes not be chosen?
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:04:01 Oddball wrote:
I start a clean thread as the others become obsolete.
What we have:

The path seems correct, but is not usable by the kdmrc.

The looks and fonts can be changed, but not the theme:
AntiAliasing=true
ColorScheme=Oxygen
FaceSource=AdminOnly
FailFont=Sans Serif,10,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0
ForgingSeed=1350896550
GUIStyle=Cleanlooks
GreetFont=Serif,20,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

systemsettings>login screen.

The themes that are shown, and really stored at
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes , can be choosen and saved, but do not
commit, why?

Who owns the relevant directory and files? Are you trying to change the login
theme without the required privileges? Does this operation require elevated
privileges, esp. since it is a "system global" setting and not a per-user
setting? I don't know - I've never tried it myself, so just asking.