Re: [opensuse] SuseFirewall2 does not allow pings to ext network?
On 10/30/2012 06:34 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Begin trying to use your application and send the relevant part of the
logs, ie if the service is unreachable then find the log entries which
are dropped and send them or use susepaste.org which in that case send
the paste id

Togan
Thanks for the good suggestions Togan, on how to improve SuSEFirewall2!
Much appreciated.

I made the changes you suggested, then restarted the firewall, and tried
to ping devices on my external network, from inside my internal network.
No joy. I did a tail -f /var/log/firewall and post the output to

http://susepast.org/34186a92

There is nothing related to ping in the logs you put up there

but I don't think much of relevance really got logged. Perhaps you will
see something I don't.. I can try an do it a few more time, the output
is different each time and I suspect mostly from other systems on my
internal network communicating with the internet.

Please provide the output of
ip a sh
ip ro sh

and logs of the firewall when pinging