Re: [opensuse] Firefox and excessive CPU consumption
  • From: Wilfred van Velzen <wvvelzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 20:36:32 +0100
(This is just a me too response, I can't help with the capture part ;))

My experience is less extreme. But it does feel like firefox became
sluggish around version 15.0.
Firefox is normally around 1% cpu, while I have on average 4 tabs
open. But browsing to some websites trigger my fan to speed up, which
it didn't before, and they seem to be loading slower then before
15.0...

Setup:
openSUSE 12.1 x86_64
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 4GB memory.