[opensuse] Firefox and excessive CPU consumption
Environment:

openSUSE 11.4 x86_64, all updates
2.0 GHz T5800 Core2Duo w/ 4 GB RAM
MozillaFirefox-16.0.2-45.1.x86_64

Hi All,

This and the past few versions of Firefox seem to constantly be
'working' on something in the background and consuming between 12% and
39% CPU when checked with top. It is enough additional work to trigger
higher fan speeds, which is what brought the condition to my attention.
It launches and stays fairly quiet, at maybe a steady 3% to 6% CPU,
then gradually through the hours just gets 'busier.' AFAIK, it really
shouldn't be doing any work unless I'm actually browsing, since my
'home page' is a simple hand-edited .html local document.

What is the best way to capture a 'profile' of this activity to see
where the additional load is coming from?

TIA & regards,

Carl