Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Date and time update wrong.
* Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx> [10-30-12 09:50]:
Op 30-10-12 14:27, Patrick Shanahan schreef:
Don't have *any* idea what KDE module you are referring. I have always
set/adjusted ntp via editing /etc/ntp.conf. I can ping europe.pool....
from here but it is simple to set a different address and they do not
all need to be from the same pool, 0.pool.ntp.org will work as will
es/po/it/.

Read the explanation of ntp and pool on google.
europe.pool.ntp.org is amongst others, from the dropdownlist, when you
rightclick on the clock in the taskbar: adapt date and time. The kde
config module opens, does it not on you box? It is a gui, for people
that are not familiar or dont want to use cli.

OK, guess I have not ever had the need or inclination as it to me is very
simple to edit /etc/ntp.conf

As is usually the case, the pools are suggestions and not exclusive and
some may not work for you, just at you say the green gecko screen should
not be. You are not adverse to changing *many* other configuration items
without knowledge of the consequences, why the hangup on using the
suggested sites?

ps: it does look better that your posts are chronologically aligned with
everyone elses. <:^)