[opensuse] CINELERRA for 12.2 x86_64
Are there any Cinelerra users reading this list or can you answer these vexing questions for me, please?

In YaST the latest installable version of Cinelerra is 2.2CV - and I have it installed. However, on the heroinewarrior.com site I see that there is version 4.4 released. My questions thererefore are:

1. Has anyone compiled this 4.4 version for oS 12.2 AMD64 from source tar.xz - and perhaps the rpm is available in one of those private repos on opensuse.org?

2. I have downloaded the source code for 4.4 but wonder if it is safe to simply use the instructions given in the tar file to compile it (ie, just run '/.cinlelerra'?

Thanks for any feedback.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.2 & kernel 3.6.4-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor