Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Why can't i login to Desktop as root?/ Date and time update wrong.
* Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx> [10-29-12 20:13]:
Op 30-10-12 00:55, Patrick Shanahan schreef:
Oct 25 16:56:30 EeePc-Rob-SFN9 ntp[723]: Unable to resolve hostname(s)

don't say anything to you.

Unable to resolve hostname(s)

perhaps there is "no such site".

Why don't you try a site that exists: nl.pool.ntp.org

I don't know where you got the idea that opensuse provided a public time
server....

That is the standard setting, i never touched it, why should i, it always
worked in 121?

I guess it is me, but I cannot ping 0.opensuse.pool.ntp.org from my
desktop, although I can from a VBox client that desktop hosts. I use
[0-3].us.pool.ntp.org. I suggest you try substituting nl.pool.ntp.org for
opensuse.ntp.org within your /etc/ntp.conf and restart the time server,
rcntp restart
or
systemctl restart ntp.service
(as root).