Re: [opensuse] What's with Kaffeine?
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:53:58 +0100
On Monday 29 October 2012 17:49:01 Per Jessen wrote:
I'm setting up a box for a Media Center - when I try to play a DVD with
Kaffeine, I first get a message from Kaffeine about extra software to
support formats not included. If I follow the link etc., I think it
ends up installing the packman repo (which I already had), but that's
it. If I check http://en.opensuse.org/Kaffeine, I'm told I can install
the packman Kaffeine version, but this doesn't seem to exist:

http://packman.links2linux.org/package/kaffeine

This next is probably building it from source, but isn't this all a bit
strange?

check this link: http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php

I have noticed the same think in 12.1, kaffeine seems to be brocken and does
not install correctly extra software. A bug maybe ?

--
Bogdan