Re: [opensuse] The status of /var/log/boot.log
On 10/28/2012 4:57 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012-10-28 16:36 (GMT-0400) General Mail composed:

It has gone away, all messages if any are/will to be stored in the
journal.

Which does not explain why it's working on one system. An answer to this
question would be very helpful when I plan to replicate the same system
to another box and I am not stumped asking myself why it's working SO
WELL on Server 1. I use custom Kernel (remotely), so /var/log/boot.log
is very useful to me.

Did you install fresh on one and upgrade the other?

Both systems are fresh install

Is sysvinit-init installed on the one that does have boot.log?

This seems like an obvious solution but I ran rpm -qa sysinit-init on both systems, it's not installed.