Re: [opensuse] supposed correct setup of ADSL/PPPoE network inopensuse
Hello,

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012, Istvan Gabor wrote:
2012. október 27. 17:06 napon David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

Hello,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Istvan Gabor wrote:
If I choose DHCP method the connection is made, but messages log is full
of
"No DHCPOFFERS received" messages.
I have openSUSE 11.2 and 12.1 systems.

You need

====
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote

These two were disabled.

These make pppd set the local and remote IP of the ppp-Device
(e.g. ppp0).

noipdefault

This was enabled.

What about network card's IP address setup?
Should I leave it to use DHCP or choose "No IP address (for bonding devices)"
in YaST
network card setup? And there is a 3rd option for adding static local IP
address.
Which one is the correct or most preferable?

Set it to a static dummy IP (preferably in a network not used
otherwise, e.g. one in 172.16.0.0/12). The eth* interface is not
acutally used.

-dnh

--
Dinner not ready...(A)bort (R)etry (P)izza