Re: [opensuse] Huawei modem-software/drivers, integrated in kernel-firmware modules?
Per Jessen wrote:
I use WiFi tethering with mine. No need for a USB connection. Also
>WiFi doesn't require as much CPU resources as a USB connection.

Hmm, interesting options. A couple of years ago I also looked into
tethering, but my old Nokia mobile didn't support it, so I bought a USB
GPRS modem instead. (Icon 505 I think). With my HTC, tethering with
USB sounds like the best option to me - would charge the phone at the
same time.

I just enable the "hotspot" in my phone settings and my computer is then automagically connected via WiFi. Of course, if I need to charge the battery, there's no reason why I couldn't use a USB cable for that purpose. I have never bothered with USB tethering, as WiFi works fine.