Re: [opensuse] RE: configuring Dolphin
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:48:02 +0200
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/24/2012 11:08 PM, Robin Klitscher wrote:

On 25/10/12 17:02, Duaine Hechler wrote:

On 10/24/2012 10:02 PM, Robin Klitscher wrote:

On 25/10/12 15:36, Duaine Hechler wrote:

Is there a way to force dolphin to display the same view every time.
Like Details.

Set up the view you want as default, then Settings > Configure Dolphin >
General > Behaviour page and select "Use common properties for all
folders"

I guess I didn't make it clear, I would like to come up, by default, the
"details view mode"

I guess I didn't make it clear either. Just open Dolphin, set up your
details view from the view menu, and then go into the settings procedure
that I outlined. It should then open in details view every time. Does
here.

Thanks a million. I've been trying to figure this out since I went to
dolphin.

Happy camper,

Duaine

If you want that to be the default, but still have different values
remembered on a per-directory basis, you can do this:

menu -> adjust view properties -> (set the view properties) -> check
"Use these view properties as default" and select "Apply view
properties to" "all folders"

-Todd