Re: [opensuse] Huawei modem-software/drivers, integrated in kernel-firmware modules?
Op 25-10-12 08:59, Vojtěch Zeisek schreef:
Dne Čt 25. října 2012 08:52:01, Bogdan Cristea napsal(a):
On Thursday 25 October 2012 08:44:00 Oddball wrote:
I have a Huawei E173 3G Modem, which is a Hotplug USB device.
If the device shows up in NM, is it correct to assume that all drivers
are installed?

Or, maybe there is a manual available somewhere?
I have used a similar 3G modem. Look with dmesg to see it your modem is
recognized as such, then use wvdial to connect to your ISP. You could also
use minicom to connect to your modem and check that the usual modem
commands are recognized. From that point on wvdial should be enough to
use
your modem. For further information check this site: www.linmodems.org

Most smartphones are directly recognized by openSUSE and you could
connect
to the Internet with no further configuration.
I use Android smartphone as USB modem. I just plug it, turn on USB tethering
on the phone and in few seconds I'm connected. No need for any further
configuration.
All the best,
Vojtěch

My case is traveling to other countries out of europe, and using different simcards and providers and networks.... Maybe i have to update my old LG smartphone to a new Samsung Galaxy Y Dual-sim...

Thanx 4 reply. ;-)

--

Have a nice day,
Oddball.