Re: [opensuse] Huawei modem-software/drivers, integrated in kernel-firmware modules?
Op 25-10-12 08:52, Bogdan Cristea schreef:
On Thursday 25 October 2012 08:44:00 Oddball wrote:
I have a Huawei E173 3G Modem, which is a Hotplug USB device.

Does anyone know if additional driver-software has to be installed?
And if so, where to get it?
Or, maybe there is a manual available somewhere?
I have used a similar 3G modem. Look with dmesg to see it your modem is
recognized as such, then use wvdial to connect to your ISP. You could also use
minicom to connect to your modem and check that the usual modem commands are
recognized. From that point on wvdial should be enough to use your modem. For
further information check this site: www.linmodems.org

Most smartphones are directly recognized by openSUSE and you could connect to
the Internet with no further configuration.

Thanx for this reply, in that case i think my simcard is not activated by the provider for data, only for calling.
I will check on this and post here later.. ;-)

--

Have a nice day,
Oddball.

OS: Linux 3.7.0-rc2-1-desktop i686