[opensuse] Firefox crashes constantly on 12.1 after a recent update
After installing the most recent batch of updates on 12.1, my Firefox
refuses to display any pages, crashing immediately. I tested common
websites like gmail, bbc.co.uk, as well as a couple "plain html"
websites.

Starting a fresh user profile fixes the problem, but...

1) What could have changed to cause such behavior?
2) Starting a new profile means losing bookmarks, passwords, history
and various bits of configuration. I know I can keep transferring each
bit and re-testing, but that's a pain. Is there an easier way?

Myrosia