Re: [opensuse] virtual machines great for backups by instant snapshots
Adam Tauno Williams said the following on 10/24/2012 10:06 AM:
These same properties can be acquired without a virtual machine. LVM
provides snapshots, and btrfs provides snapshots. I've been using LVM
snapshots of data directories for years, it works great.

+1

Bother LVM and BtrFS offer other advantages and facilities depending on
your context.

--
The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if
there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing