Re: [opensuse] kmail works great on desktop, very slow on laptop
On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 18:32 +0800, George Olson wrote:
Hello,
All my settings for kmail are exactly the same, as I had it next to the
desktop and set up the accounts and identities exactly as I had them on
the desktop.

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2012/10/d-is-for-debugging.html>

But are your system settings the same?

If you run a disk benchmark how different are the results [although
being slow deleting e-mail seems ridiculous].

Is the disk light on your laptop on all the time?

If you do a manual DNS lookup from your laptop is it slow?

So, short of having to do a clean install of opensuse 12.2

Don't do that. It might not fix it.

My laptop is also running on wireless, while my desktop is plugged in.

Ah. Can your plug your laptop into the cable and see if it makes a
difference?

Are both laptop and desktop the same architecture (i686 vs x64)?