Re: [opensuse] UEFI
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:21:23 +0200
On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 12:18 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I can see large enterprises wanting to implement a policy that only
kernels signed by the enterprise can be used. From my understanding ,
the UEFI Secure Boot process combined with the SUSE extensions would
allow that to be done.

Wow. I had not considered that. I can foresee my company doing this.
Which would mean I could not run Linux on company hardware. I need to
see what they are thinking and see if I can keep Linux (specifically
openSUSE) in the loop.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems