Re: [opensuse] UEFI
On 2012-10-23 08:43 (GMT-0500) Tony composed:

With the upcoming UEFI and Secure Boot WIndows 8 etc....

From what I've read online desktop/laptop can be locked to run only
Windows 8 or other OS with secure boot.

What options does an openSUSE user, have to install opensuse on newer
pc that's shipped with Windows 8 ? Supposedly all new win 8 hardware
shipped with secure boot on some hardware manufacturer might give
option to turn off ?

Then the argument is why buy a PC to change the OS ? Well cause I run
linux not windows.

There are very few hardware vendors that sell Linux pre-installed on hardware.

The primary target of Win8 is tablets and other small devices. It's new UI is nuts for a desktop environment. Do you really expect desktop machines with Win7 preinstalled will go away? Are you planning to buy a tablet to run openSUSE on?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/