[opensuse] UEFI
  • From: Tony <tonys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:43:33 -0500
With the upcoming UEFI and Secure Boot WIndows 8 etc....

From what I've read online desktop/laptop can be locked to run only
Windows 8 or other OS with secure boot.

What options does an openSUSE user, have to install opensuse on newer
pc that's shipped with Windows 8 ? Supposedly all new win 8 hardware
shipped with secure boot on some hardware manufacturer might give
option to turn off ?

Then the argument is why buy a PC to change the OS ? Well cause I run
linux not windows.

There are very few hardware vendors that sell Linux pre-installed on hardware.

Thanks,

Tony