Re: [opensuse] multiboot 12.2 & W7
Dennis Gallien wrote:
I don't agree. This is the factory partitioning done by the manufacturer.
The 3rd & 4th partitions are worrisome - why a small NTFS and an extremely
small FAT? This looks suspiciously like a recovery system setup. And a lot
of these systems - which are rarely documented - will not permit OS recovery
with any changes. If that recovery can't be used, only a retail copy of the
OS will work.

I'd suspect the small NTFS is drivers, just like on my ThinkPad. However, I have no idea what that FAT partition is for.

Since this is a new system, I'd say create or obtain the recovery disks, then resize the largest NTFS partition to make room for Linux.