Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to change the bootloader and loginscreen background?

Op 21-10-12 17:09, Felix Miata schreef:
On 2012-10-21 14:16 (GMT+0200) Oddball composed:

The SDB:gfxboot:

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Gfxboot

is outdated, the direction mentioned there, is no longer valid in 12.1....

Exactly what did you find to be "outdated"? It worked for me 10 weeks ago in 11.4, 12.1 & 12.2, even though it refers to a non-existent "/usr/share/gfxboot/themes/<theme>".

I got to the part where it should work indeed..
I unpacked and repacked with cpio, added, probably, a too heavy image, (while the picture at the site showed an image almost as i wanted, and only the actually grub, bootloader screen went black.
The rest continued with SUSE theme...
I created /usr/share/gfxboot/themes/ but did not know what exactly should be put there, so i only put an image, which did not work.
The black grubscreen is ok with me, i like that.
But the other screens show what is happening at the moment, like when pressing escape-key....

--
Have a nice day,

Oddball

OS: Linux 3.1.10-1.16-desktop i686