Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to change the bootloader and loginscreen background?

Op 20-10-12 18:31, Oddball schreef:

Op 20-10-12 09:04, Felix Miata schreef:
On 2012-10-20 08:44 (GMT+0200) Oddball composed:

No offense, but i am sort of boared by the green bootscreens in
opensuse, and want to replace them by more beautiful, to my needs
fitting ones.

I don't like them either, if you're talking about the Grub GFXmenu.

The one that actually boots into the os i was able to change, but the
loginscreen is stuck, when trying to change it in systemsettings.

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Gfxboot

I usually fix it quite simply: 'gfxboot --change-config boot::penguin=100'.

Thnx Felix, will try this.. ;-)

I took a look at the page you suggested, but it is not actually easy to just change a background image this way.

I googled around, and came via kubuntu forums at this:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z2NyqD51sSs/T40Ef4Uk1aI/AAAAAAAAK0Q/pzcUsA7NP1M/s576/kde-config-grub2.png

Do you think this will work with grub also?
Or do i have to install grub2 for it?

Kind Regards.

--
Have a nice day,