Re: [opensuse] Suse 12.2 and Windows 7 (again) won't dual boot HP laptop
Von: Jim Sabatke <jsabatke@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: 17:53 Samstag, 20.Oktober 2012
Betreff: [opensuse] Suse 12.2 and Windows 7 (again) won't dual boot HP laptop

I've just spent an enormous time, again, trying to get my HP laptop to dual
boot.  I have created partitions.  I "fixed" Windows after using
gparted to create the partition spaces so that it boots.

Why don't you just install Windows 7 first and let SuSE 12.2 decide afterwards
how to handle the partitions and Windows 7 with dual boot?

I never used gparted to partition a dual boot system from the beginning.
I only used it to migrate a dual boot system to a larger harddisc and I remember
that this was not easy.

First when I install Windows 7 I allow it to only use a certain smaller part of
the complete
harddisc/ssd space.
When Windows 7 is completely installed, I reboot and install SuSE most of the
time from
a DVD and let it use the larger rest of the HDD/SSD.
SuSE uses the rest of the harddisc accordingly and installs the corresponding
dual boot (e.g. via GRUB).

Maybe gparted and the Windows-fixed is the problem in your case.

Regards