Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2012-10-19 11:09 (GMT+0100) Dave Howorth composed:

Bob S wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the app jovie no launching as a
normal user .

But you haven't provided a link to the previous thread and searching for
'screen reader' or 'jovie' returns nothing. So I have no idea what your
problem really is.

According to the OP, Jovie is a KDE app, so he asked where OT chastising
and unwarranted follow-ups don't drown out real problems, and got 0

That certainly explains why I didn't see it. Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't explain why he tried starting it as root
when it didn't start as a normal user.

More importantly, it doesn't explain why people are still chasing the
red herring, IMHO, of trying to make it work as root, instead of
investigating the actual cause of why it isn't starting as a normal user.

Perhaps somebody who has KDE on 12.2 could try starting the jovie
application and seeing whether they get the same problem?