Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
On 2012-10-19 14:03 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

On 2012-10-19 06:20, j debert wrote:

I may be second-guessing the OP here but I suspect that in order
to use Yast, a screen reader will be required. If the firewall set
up can be done at all on the command line then that would probably
be most helpful. And since I'm not up to speed on SuSEfirewall2 (I
prefer the elegant and versatile command line), that would have to
be left to someone else (other than me).

Using the text terminal, you can still use Yast, I don't know if that
is possible for the OP.

Possible, yes, but very difficult, as is everything requiring seeing anything on a PC screen. Note his PC screen is actually a 40" LCD, and still it's difficult.

Or, edit the file "/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2" - in text mode that
could be done with joe (aka jstar, jmacs, jpico), mcedit, vi or emacs.
Find the line that starts with FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP and add "ssh"
inside the quotes. When done and saved, activate running "SuSEfirewall2".

I'm 99.7% sure firewall is not enabled, if it's even installed, since he has a hardware firewall. I installed his 12.2 61 days ago.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/