Re: [opensuse] Re: 12.2 on a Windows 7 machine
Thank you so much for your like to the SWAT site. The script worked easily and perfectly. My desktop Linux box is at 12.1, which is still a version SWAT supports; they haven't made changes to support 12.2 yet. That's really OK for that box as I run GIMP a lot and support and compatibility usually runs quite a bit behind. In fact, when I load the latest GIMP from the Suse site, and I really want the new version, it breaks the system pretty badly, but that's a discussion for another day.

Now I need to find out if I can get away with making my fairly new HP laptop strictly a Linux box (if it is a challenge to make it dual boot). The only issues I see are:

- Wireless support, which I have read is now well supported as of 12.2 (Broadcom 802.11 Wireless Adapter, builtin).
- Built-in camera support, which isn't strictly something I have to have as it is a pretty crappy camera and I wouldn't mind adding a USB camera (I can't find any reference to the builtin camera model on the computer or online, but it's light gathering power is so poor I really need something else if I plan to use it.)
- The ability to stop the touch-pad driver when a mouse is plugged in. The touch-pad is so ridiculously sensitive that it is useless. I'm sure that's an easy adjustment to make.

So, any feedback on the wireless capability and it's ease of setup would be really appreciated. I am a little leery of online "oh, it's just an easy setup" because easy to some is hopeless to others. If I know it will work, I will go for it though.

Thanks,

Jim