Re: [opensuse] Kompozer
* j.e.perry@xxxxxxx <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx> [10-18-12 22:53]:

---- Robert Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On October 15, 2012 06:53:42 pm j.e.perry@xxxxxxx wrote:
So, I downloaded both Bluegriffon and Quanta for kde3, and find they're
both vastly inferior to Kompozer (ref. my message of 9/30). Suse doesn't
have Kompozer, and I tried downloading it from the site, but they only
have
it in source format, which I was unsuccessful in compiling.

I have no idea why you think Suse repos don't have Kompozer, which I used
until I found WordPress. When I look in my Opensuse 12.1 OSS repo I find
kompozer 7.99.

It was in 12.1, yes. I'm at 12.2, and it's not there. The Kompozer
website says it's incompatible with the later gtk's, which is I suppose
why it's no longer available for suse. And, as I mentioned earlier, I
tried to install an older version anyhow, and it wouldn't install.

If you *really* want kompozer, dl the *binary* package from sf (I
believe), kompozer-0.8b3.en-US.gcc4.2-i686.tar.gz.

open mc in the directory where you dl'd kompozer and save the package
somewere below your <home> directory. komposer runs happily on T'weed and
should have no trouble on your 12.2 system.