Re: [opensuse] Kompozer
  • From: <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:52:45 -0400

---- Robert Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On October 15, 2012 06:53:42 pm j.e.perry@xxxxxxx wrote:
So, I downloaded both Bluegriffon and Quanta for kde3, and find they're
both vastly inferior to Kompozer (ref. my message of 9/30). Suse doesn't
have Kompozer, and I tried downloading it from the site, but they only have
it in source format, which I was unsuccessful in compiling.

I have no idea why you think Suse repos don't have Kompozer, which I used
until I found WordPress. When I look in my Opensuse 12.1 OSS repo I find
kompozer 7.99.

It was in 12.1, yes. I'm at 12.2, and it's not there. The Kompozer website
says it's incompatible with the later gtk's, which is I suppose why it's no
longer available for suse. And, as I mentioned earlier, I tried to install an
older version anyhow, and it wouldn't install.

jp