Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
On Thursday 18 October 2012 15:22:08 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [10-18-12 13:19]:
On Wednesday 17 October 2012 18:41:00 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [10-17-12 17:58]:
jovie(5186): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session
server: "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken."

probably relates to the same d-bus problem described for virtualbox and
can be by-passed via:

xhost + local:
ssh -X $USER@localhost
export DISPLAY=:0
jovie

but you will have to try as I do not have jovie installed and am not
running 12.2 (T'weed).

Yes, I would like to try, but I have no idea of what to do with the
command that you have quoted me above. Please excuse my ignorance.
Hopefully I will be able to figure it out.

open a window, xterm/konsole/..., and line by line type following
(exactly as shown):

xhost + local:
ssh -X $USER@localhost
export DISPLAY=:0
jovie

after each line, bash will return you to the prompt for the next line.
After the "ssh -X .." line you will be asked for YOUR password, type your
password and <enter>.

after the "jovie" line and a short delay, jovie *should* start.

not very difficult.

well Patrick, thanks for the interest and the offered help but it didn't
work. The xhost command said it was adding to the list. OK, I think. Then the
ssh -X command replies connect to port 22. connection refused. Same result as
user or root. Something else afoot I guess.

Bob S