Re: [opensuse] Problems with 12.2
  • From: Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 05:52:58 -0500
On 2012-10-18 04:36 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

On 2012-10-18 04:05 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

How exactly did you download?

Direct Link - 32bit PC - Download DVD

I have no idea what that means. I download by feeding the URI to wget, a
downloader. I don't download with a web
browser except when the source refuses to disgorge the URI or the referrer is
required but fails.

Downloaded from the standard software site:

http://software.opensuse.org/122/en

Once from "Direct Link" and once from "Pick Mirror"

You still didn't answer my question, which included the word "exactly". Saying what you did here is not equivalent to how you did what you did. It appears you didn't use a downloader, but instead a web browser, but that's just an educated guess. Anyway, since the md5 is OK, and ostensibly it can still boot some other DVD or CD, maybe someone else has an idea.

If you want to install in spite of DVD not working, just extract the installation kernel and initrd from the iso file or DVD, load them with Grub, and install directly off the web using HTTP. I install that way 25-50 times as often as booting from OM.
It must have been the DVD. I tried a fresh DVD and it booted but I get the
following error:

No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found
boot:

Also, I was getting this same error on the KDE Live CD boot

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding