Re: [opensuse] Problems with 12.2
  • From: Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 04:36:09 -0500
On 2012-10-18 04:05 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

On 2012-10-18 02:32 (GMT-0500) Duaine Hechler composed:

I have downloaded 12.2 twice, burned them to a DVD and twice it will not boot.

Exactly what happens when you try?

Basically nothing - the DVD starts (spin up) - the screen is blank with just
the cursor at the top left corner.

The previous DVD of 12.1 boot fine.

Now, or a long time ago? Does anything boot in that drive now?

Yes - just yesterday

Corrupt ISO file on website ?

Did you do md5sum on it before burning?

No, because I rarely have any internet download problems.

You should verify it via md5 that it didn't happen this time either before
wasting our time.

md5 checksum is fine

How exactly did you download?

Direct Link - 32bit PC - Download DVD

I have no idea what that means. I download by feeding the URI to wget, a downloader. I don't download with a web browser except when the source refuses to disgorge the URI or the referrer is required but fails.

Downloaded from the standard software site:

http://software.opensuse.org/122/en

Once from "Direct Link" and once from "Pick Mirror"

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding