Re: [opensuse] screen reader problems
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx> [10-17-12 17:58]:
Hello suse people,

I am running 12.2 with kde 4.9.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the app jovie no launching as a normal
user . Jovie is the kde interface for screen readers and replaces ktts. I
received no replies. I then attempted to open jovie as root and received this
message.
asystreet:/ # jovie
jovie(5186): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server: "Did
not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

probably relates to the same d-bus problem described for virtualbox and
can be by-passed via:

xhost + local:
ssh -X $USER@localhost
export DISPLAY=:0
jovie

but you will have to try as I do not have jovie installed and am not
running 12.2 (T'weed).