Re: [opensuse] 12.2 on a Windows 7 machine
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Sabatke wrote:

My laptop has only one partition of the type needed to load an bootable
operating system.

Why is there only one? Generally, you can resize the existing partition and
create new ones for Linux.
That seems to be getting harder. I bought a new laptop for the office
about a year ago. Came with Win7 and a 250GB drive. I expected to be
able to shrink that from within Win7 way down. It refused to shrink
below 160GB.

No idea why. I also don't recall if the openSUSE installer will even
try to shrink the NTFS version that is created by Win7.

Greg

I don't know why that happened. On my ThinkPad, I was able to shrink the Windows 7 partition to 90 GB. I used the built in Windows utility to shrink it.