[opensuse] Upgrade of server with UEFI to 12.2
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:59:33 +0200
Hi,
I maintain IBM x3200M3 Tower server running openSUSE 12.1. It serves mainly
as small LAMP and SFTP. I'd like to upgrade it to 12.2, but I'm little afraid.
It has UEFI instead of "normal" BIOS, HW RAID10 and ELILO. It was not possible
to install GRUB there. I usually upgrade from running system using "zypper
dup". Do You have any experience with such HW? Should I be aware of anything
special when upgrading HW with UEFI, ELILO and HW RAID? Any hints and
experiences appreciated. :-)
Have a nice day!
Vojtěch

--