[opensuse] playing sound on a wine app
Hello all,

I have posted this in the forums and on the PlayOnLinux forums, but have not gotten any answer. Maybe someone here can help me at least figure out where to get started in making the sound work. Making the sound work is important for my work with my clients who are using the same type of interface.

I am trying to get Evernote to work fully using PlayOnLinux. I am on an ASUS laptop, U46E, with a core i7 processor. I have installed openSUSE 12.2 and am able to play regular sound files in the linux environment with out any problem, either Amarok, or whatever is necessary. Video works as well.

As a note, I have also tried using nixnote, the open source clone of evernote, and while I am still working on it and find it hopeful, it has a tendency to delete some of my notes or not upload new notes from time to time. So I am hoping I can get Evernote to run until such time as nixnote is fully up to par.

I am running Evernote 4.5.8 using PlayOnLinux version 4.1.8, with an embedded wine installation version 1.4 inside POL, which was necessary to get the networking to work.

When I copy a sound file to a note in Evernote, and then click on it to play, there is no sound. The activity log gives this error:

[CODE]
20:47:19 [12] Could not start audio playback: cannot play file exception, file: C:\users\george\Temp\enaudio\111021_006 taliyasi.mp3
[/CODE]

The path to that file from outside the wine environment is

/home/george/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Evernote/drive_c/users/george/Temp/enaudio/111021_006 taliyasi.mp3

Also, when I right click on that file and hit "open with", on my windows machine (virtual box) it gives me a list of media options to play it with, like windows media player. In the wine version, the list is unpopulated.

The command line does not give any clues.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
G.O.
--
G.O.
Box #1: 12.2 | KDE 4.9.1 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | ATI Radeon HD 3300 | 16GB