Re: [opensuse] stop automatic creation of home subdirectories
On 15/10/2012, John Young <j.e.young@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/15/2012 08:38 AM, e-letter wrote:
Readers,

How to stop the creation of directories such as 'Downloads' in the
home directory? This is deleted, but after switching off computer and
starting at a later day, reappears. Any help please? Thanks.

opensuse122

I am guessing that you are running KDE...

My mistake, forgot to state that using gnome

Go to 'Configure Desktop' from the start menu then
go to 'Account Details' then
choose 'Paths'. Click on the folder icon to the right of
each path listed, and select your home directory instead of
the directory that KDE wants you to use.
Click 'Apply'...

No such options appear in gnome.

P.S. please reply directly and to mailing list; am a 'nomail'
subscriber. Thanks.