Re: [opensuse] 11.2/KDE significantly faster than 12.2/KDE
Per Jessen wrote:
As described in another thread, I recently upgraded a laptop to 12.2
only to receive massive complaints from the user that it had become
slow to the point of being unworkable. I received various suggestions
here on the list and tried them without achieving much improvement.

Yesterday I installed 11.2 on exactly the same hardware, and it
is_noticeably_ faster, even with the default settings. Looking at
memory usage etc., there doesn't appear to be any significant
differences between the two systems.

I noticed the same thing when I upgraded my main computer from 11.0 to 12.1. 12.1 could be painfully slow at times. 12.2 is better, but still not as fast as 11.0. There is also a bug in Seamonkey that causes it lock up solid for a few seconds occasionally.