Re: [opensuse] Hard lock on openSUSE 12.2 when using rt3290sta WiFi
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:17:14 +0200
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Eric Gunther wrote:
did a bit more investigation:
Try searching google for giwscan, from what it looks like to me the
first entry may help,

This is the first entry
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0612.2/1394.html
They are talking about a (sounds like) similar problem...
Maybe you can find a solution there.
Also sysctl may aid in the final solution or at least an interim one.

Thanks for helping out with the search Eric. I still haven't made
much progress on this one. There is very little info on this issue
that seems directly relevant. The computer will lock up - less often
- as long as that module is loaded, even if I'm not using the WiFi.
If I --force unload the moule then things are fine. It's definitely
something related to the WiFi driver. There are still zero hints in
the log files. I haven't played much with the sysctl side of things
yet for this problem.

I'm planning on installing a new/decond drive in this computer to do a
little moe in-depth experimenting with other configurations...
basically so I don't break my main install any more than I already
have. That will take 2 or 3 weeks until I can do that - in the
mean-time I'll just used the wired NIC.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.2 x86_64, KDE 4.9.2