[opensuse] Not connected to D-Bus server in 12.2
  • From: <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 3:28:02 -0400
So I've created the mbr (ref. my message last week), and the WinXP.vmdk for my
xp installation under VirtualBox. Now I try to create the virtual machine, and
when I try to navigate to the .vmdk, the file select dialog window refuses,
saying "Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: Not connected to
D-Bus server."

I had the idea from eavesdropping on you Real Experts that the whole system
depended upon D-Bus. Clearly I don't understand something, but the immediate
problem, of course, is to get the virtual machine manager working again. I
tried rebooting, but that didn't change anything. I'm using VB4.2 directly
from Oracle, since they claim to have a functioning suse rpm. Might that be a
problem?

John Perry