Re: [opensuse] Configuring TwinView refresh rate
On 10/10/12 11:39, Dylan wrote:
I'm trying to configure my two monitors correctly with the nvidia
driver. The card is a GT520 which drives the monitors correctly using
the nouveau driver:

Display-1: DVI-I-1 1280x1024@60Hz
Display-2: VGA-1 1280x720@75Hz

Unfortunately, when using the nvidia driver (from the nvidia OBS repo
version 304.43) although the DVI connected monitor is configured
correctly, the VGA connected monitor is configured to run at 50Hz which
results in the desktop extending beyond the physical screen. The
nvidia-settings application only gives 50Hz as an option for that display.

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions...

Dylan
Dylan,

You don't mention which desktop you're using, but here on KDE 2.8.5 I
can adjust my twinview display in System Settings > Display and Monitor.
I'm using the proprietary nvidia drivers, not the nouveau driver. The
nvidia settings application sets both my monitors to run at 60Hz.

Bob
--
Bob Williams
System: Linux 3.4.6-2.10-desktop