Re: [opensuse] Intrusive wall from rsyslog
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:07:39 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-10-10 09:17, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

which looks interesting. I wonder how to integrate both. Perhaps
this:

if ($source == 'localhost') and ($syslogseverity <= 0 /*
emergency */) then
:omusrmsg:*

would that be correct?

It looks good, try it.

Yes, I was trying it - but in the process I lost all logging from the
router. I thought it was my changes, but even after I reverted all of
them it was no go. Then I though of using ethereal, and it turned out
that if the router senses that that its external syslog is not
listening, it stops sending logs!

I wonder how it manages to do that - isn't it using UDP on port 514?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.6°C)