Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to roll-back or undo an entire upgrade?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:50:29 +0200
Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

On 10/07/2012 08:12 PM, Cristian Rodríguez pecked at the keyboard and
wrote:
El 07/10/12 04:25, Per Jessen escribió:
I've recently upgraded a laptop from 11.4 to 12.2 - the upgrade went
very well, no issues at all. However, the machine is clearly not
"big" enough to run 12.2+KDE, and the user is now complaining about
it being
slow and difficult to work with. I could always re-install 11.4,
but I thought I'd ask about the possibility of doing a downgrade?

Atm, it is not possible, it may be possible in the future using BTFS
snapshots though.

Before throwing all away try changing the main repos
(oss,non-oss,update) to the 11.4 equivalents and disable all others.
Then try using zypper dup after a ref. If it doesn't work you will not
have lost anything but a little time.

Thanks, it's worth a try.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.9°C)